2 min to read
One Plus 8 pro
Is One Plus 8 Pro the Real Flagship people asked for?
It has been 6 years since one plus has been making smartphones until last year the company has produced a lot of flagship killer but the company from the past year has changed its strategy to produce a true flagship with its one plus 7 pro and 7t pro they were good but lacked the bells and whistles that a true flagship from samsung and apple had. With this phone one plus is trying to tick all the boxes of a flagship. Did it succeed, let’s see in the article below.
Before taking a deep dive into the phones, let’s see what specs this phone has to offer:
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 865|
|Rear Camera||Quad Cameras 48MP(f/178) + 48MP(Ultra Wide) + 8MP(3x Zoom) + 5MP(Color Sensor)|
|Display||6.78 inches 120HZ AMOLED(Aspect ratio:19.8:9)|
|Connectivity||5G, WIFI 6 Support|
|Battery||4510mAH(30T warp charging)|
|Fingerprint||In-Display Fingerprint Sensor(Optical)|
|Water Resistant||Water Resistant(IP 68)|
|Charging||Type-C cable + Wireless Charging(Upto 30W) + 3W(Reverse Wireless Charging)|
If you have carefully observed the specs, this phone includes an IP Rating as well as wireless charging. This shows that one plus is not trying to cut corners against the best of samsung and apple but instead giving it all to take them head on.
The phone pricing in India is not out yet but if we consider the US pricing which is 899$ converting it into INR we can estimate the price to be at around 68k with this price it still manages to undercut the iphone 11 and galaxy s20.
- Talking about the design, it has a single punch hole curved display similar to galaxy s10.
- The highlight of this phone has to be its 120Hz AMOLED display which DisplayMate rated as an A+ display.(For people who are unaware of DisplayMate its like DXO Mark for Displays).
- Coming to the camera its a quad camera setup and on paper can take on the other flagships nicely.
- The Build quality with its glass body attached together by a metal has always been good but this time it also added dust and water resistance which is rated as IP 68(fit enough to withstand dust, dirt and sand and are resistant to submersion up to a maximum depth of 1.5m underwater for up to thirty minutes).
- Taking about battery life, this phone comes with a 4510mAH capacity which is fairly good enough.
The performance is also great coming with snapdragon 865 processor. This phone also supports 5G and WIFI 6 making it a future proof phone. The software thats the oxygen OS gives the cleanest andriod experience.
One Plus ended up making a really appealing flagship smartphone undercutting the likes samsung and apple by a good margin and offering way more specifications at this price point.