2 min to read
How to install Flutter in linux and Fix general problems
Introduction To Dart
- Google uses Dart as an embedded runtime, such as on Google Fiber set-top boxes.
- Google uses Dart to build business-critical web apps, such as their Google Fiber’s TV UI, internal sales tool, new versions of AdWords, and more.
- Google also uses Dart to power Flutter, a cross-platform mobile app Software Development Kit(SDK). Most websites are using AngularDart, including Google (AdWords and AdSense). Lots of code is being deployed server-side to publish websites.
- Flutter (based on Dart) allows Android and iOS apps to be built from one codebase, with many advantages.
Who uses Dart?
Flutter The most popular Flutter toolkit depends on the Dart language. So developers writing code on Flutter apps for iOS, Android use Dart. Google The engineers who are working in google use Dart to create many apps, including some that are essential to Google’s business. Also, the Assistant team at Google uses Dart for features in Smart Displays.
How to Install Dart SDK on Windows?
Step 1 Go to Dart SDK archive page.
Click on the Dart SDK link. The download will start immediately and a zip file will be downloaded. Step 2 Extract the contents of the Dart SDK zip file. Step 3
- Open the command prompt and navigate to the bin folder.
- Run the command ‘dart’.
- As of now, you can run dart commands only from the bin folder of Dart SDK. To run dart command from anywhere in your file system, add dart bin path to the PATH environment variable.
- Open Environment Variables. Under System variables, click on Path and click the Edit button.
- Then the Edit environment variable window appears. Click on New and paste the Dart SDK bin path. Click on OK. The changes will take effect if you restart your command prompt.
Step 5 Close the existing command prompt window and open a new command prompt. Just run the dart command from any working directory.
Where to learn Dart?