2 min to read
5 cool Linux apps
Best Trusted apps
In the recent days many people are tending towards linux use. So here are some of the cool apps which you can use.
1. KDE Connect: KDE Connect allow all your devices to communicate with each other. Here are some of the things that it can do
- Receive your phone notifications on your desktop computer and reply to messages.
- Control music playing on your desktop from your phone.
- Use your phone as a remote control for your desktop.
- Run predefined commands on your PC from connected devices.
- Check your phones battery level from the desktop.
- Ring your phone to help finding it.
- Share files and links between devices.
- Browse your phone from the desktop.
- Control the desktop’s volume from the phone.
It is similar to controlling your phone in Windows, but with a lot more features.
You can download it from the official site here
2. Ulauncher: It is an application launcher for linux.
It is a great tool where in
- You can search your apps, files in your system.
- You can set custom color themes.
- You can add shortcuts & extensions.
- Fast directory browser.
You can accesses it with a shorcut key can create a shortcut for web search or your scripts or install a 3rd party extension. It is a very cool tool..
3. Wine: Wine is a compatibility layer capable of running Windows applications on linux systems. Simply you can run windows applications on your linux system.
You can download the Wine here. You can also download it from the software center in linux systems.
Simple, set-and-forget python application for changing between desktop themes according to light and dark hours.
It is the application caption.
With this application we can change the desktop themes to light and dark by setting time.
5. Gnirehtet: Gnirehtet provides reverse tethering for your Android phone.
It allows devices to use the internet connection of the computer they are plugged on. It does not require any root access (neither on the device nor on the computer). It works on Linux,Windows and Mac OS.
You can download it from it’s here.